The reason this is so important is that it could very well become the foundation of a successful business for everyone who is still reading at this point.
I know that the hot topics are "Mobile" and "Kindle and "Offline" and "Product Creation/WSOs" – but I'm a traditionalist! I think it's best to get a good grounding in the fundamentals first. And the simplest way to do that is to do what IMers have done since the dawn of the online world: create niche sites, rank them for selected keywords and monetize them.
In the course of my research I evaluated 7 "getting started" blueprints to support this general business model. I already had access to two of these, I bought three of them, and I studied the sales pages and reviews of the other two.
I'm not going to give a detailed review of each of them, but I'll just give you my conclusion.
The VERY CLEAR WINNER is PROFIT STORM 5.0
If you don't own it and are looking for a blueprint – get it now and start using it. Anything else you do is a distraction.
There are MANY reasons why I recommend Profit Storm 5.0.
– The product is well established (first launched in May 2010), but has been kept up to date (this is version 5.0). Not only has he kept it up to date with the changes in SEO, but he has also expanded it (e.g. adding CPA as well as standard affiliate promotions) and made topics clearer with fuller explanations and more examples based on feedback from users (e.g. the section on market selection and keyword research).
– The level of complexity is just about right. There are simpler systems (less income) and more complex ones (longer to set up, possibly more income). Profit Storm 5.0 is just about right for most people.
– The level of detail is about right. Andrew demonstrates pretty much every step, but without belabouring the details.
– It is a once-off price (unlike some of the other products)
– It is low cost (the second cheapest) but at $27 it is truly exceptionally good value for money
– Andrew provides help and support via the WSO thread (about 2,400 posts so far) and email, I believe.
– The model is not restricted to one type of affiliate product or program. (It was originally focused on Clickbank, but no longer). Other systems focus on physical products, for example.
– The course is comprehensive. For example, it includes a video on testing and tracking, and also one on Tax implications.
I have evaluated SEVEN getting-started blueprints, and my clear recommendation is Profit Storm 5.0